Yo! MC: The Next Jam!

NEXTJAM.BLOGSPOT.COM

Search This Blog

05.22.2010 - Saturday was certainly a fun machine. It was Fully Booked's Free Comic Book Day catch up from the official first Saturday in the month of May event. Originally the plan is to check out all Fully Booked branches that are giving away free comics.

Unfortunately time is of the essence. Plans where changed when Tim V. and I head to The Fort Bonifacio High Street. Its where the mother load was being giving away, but it was too late for me to miss out a copy of Sonic The Hedgehog...

(Please CLICK on the title for the full article)



Though I almost have all the comics from the official FCBD 2010 date. I just want another copy to give to the kids at home. I just have to settle for Bongo Comics. The graphic novel and comics section of Fully Booked is packed since they also have 20% off discount that day.







The sun was hot and the books where sold like pancakes. Most of the morning we're just around the basement bumming around, and browsing some of the opened graphic novels. By lunch time we went off to Spaghetti House and then checked out Market! Market! for toys.

Air conditioning in the mall was holding up, and we're just going through toy sections. While we wait for Tim's booked to be wrapped up. He picked up a copies of Iron Man books.

By mid-afternoon I head home and unloaded some stuff. I only have Bongo Comics and Son of Marvel Reading Chronology catalog.




Round two we catch up at SM Megamall in the late afternoon. Bought a Daredevil and Return of the Jedi shirts. Plus a Darth Maul action figure and you'd be surprised I didn't spend a penny. Thank goodness for GCs ands even my dinner at Yoshinoya was glorious.

It was already 10PM and the mall was closing, when Tim suggested we check Fully Booked in Greenhills. Too late for us to see the other stores, since it was practically late.

We just hung around checking the graphic novel section. I got the chance to browse the latest issue of SLAM magazine featuring the owner of the Charlotte Bobcats on the cover, Michael Jordan. I would absolutely pick up the graphic novel compilation of Man Without Fear by Frank Miller and John Romita Jr. but I was short changed that night. Though I'll have my chance getting those Daredevil books but not today.



Compared this year's FREE COMIC BOOK DAY with Fully Booked everyone now is aware of their participation, But still a few people where too late to take notice that it all happened in the morning.

At the end of the day I only missed dropping by Comic Odyssey with all the action happening early today.

Driving now with AC/DC popped the soundtrack from Iron Man 2. Until next time.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home