Yo! MC: The Next Jam!

NEXTJAM.BLOGSPOT.COM

Search This Blog

11.30.2010 - Last minute decision to see a movie on a Monday night was pressure. Twenty minutes away from the cinema it was almost close to missing it. The MPass card courtesy of Ayala Malls' SureSeats was a quick convenience. The only hassle would be if I was thirty minutes late for the reservation there's a penalty for it.

Though I did not reserve the ticket but purchased it using the MPass card. The service was like a precision shot of a gun similar to the scenes in action packed Takers.

The movie was shown on November 26, 2010 here in the Philippines.

(Please CLICK on the title for the full article)

It features an ensemble cast that includes Matt Dillon, Chris Brown, Idris Elba, T.I, Jay Hernandez, Paul Walker, Hayden Christensen and Zoë Saldaña.

The film follows a group of professional bank robbers who specialize in spectacular and ambitious robberies. Though not to give any further plot revelations I'm sure anyone who hasn't seen, but heard about this film would surely want to see this.




Going through the scenes everyone gets camera time, but the main focus was between Matt Dillon and Jay Hernandez. The police duo who tracks down the group of bank robbers, and they also get camera time too namely Paul Walker, Gabriels Casseus, and Hayden Christensen. Due to an ensemble cast the time to explore each of the actors acting chops are limited with the focus of the story.

It's understandable that the pacing went well even though there's something missing that doesn't make me want to jump to my seat.

The dialogue is okay but the last scenes in the street, which reminds me of another movie I dare not spoil you. But this time it's more of a realistic approach for that particular scene.

Overall it's a good popcorn ride but it doesn't score to my expectations. Though for anyone who are familiar with the actors you've got a mix of talent right here. It could have been balanced but I assume due to limited time and screen time I give this a rating of 3 out 5 score.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home