Yo! MC: The Next Jam!

NEXTJAM.BLOGSPOT.COM

Search This Blog

08.15.2009 - The first day of the Singapore Toys, Games, and Comic Convention was opened to the public as kids, geeks, and fans trooped to Suntec City Mall. Its where the event is held on the 4th level at the Suntec International Convention Center.

Suntec City Mall is the counterpart of the Philippines' SM Mall of Asia, but the convention center is housed inside. Its located in the second tower of Suntec City Mall at the E-Life section.

If your not familiar of the place you'd get lost in the four towers. What I liked about the Suntec City Mall is the exterior/interior structure designs is an architectural art form to astonish.


On the way to the convention center my pair of Jordan XIV gave out on me. The sole lost its grip and it was almost separated from the shoe itself. I only have worn these shoes for this trip and has been kept in storage, since I bought it back in January 2006.

Once I got to Suntec City Mall by foot I looked for the nearest Nike store, which was located in Tower two. Most of the displays they have are running and soccer shoes. There was no Air Jordan in sight.


The store clerk was nice enough to advice me to try, and check Royal Sporting House which was just across the Nike shop. Got a pair of Air Side Grind for $109 SG which was the last shoes on sale. I mostly walk around when I arrived Thursday morning. After that went to the food court, and dined at KFC. I had tried sampling the Ultimate Value Box which contains one zinger, one piece original chicken, a gravy, and a Pepsi for lunch.

Going to the first day was a breeze since I'm already familiar with the area except the redemption booth for the freebies. I missed getting the Titanium Star Wars vehicle at 2:30PM. I met the locals there and one Filipino was working at Action City.

I mostly hang out at the Nintendo booth met two Wii Girls there. I mostly played the basketball three point shoot out using the Nintendo Wii. There are six stations, where you can play the games. There is a separate area for the DS Light games and another three Wii stations.


One highlight of the program was the Wacom Draw Shootout, and it was a battle of young artists (mostly ladies) in the Final Round. Too many events happening but this one ended a bit late.

Before heading home I end up having dinner at Burger King sampling the Double Whopper Jr. Meal. Then walked back along Bras Basah Road. Stopped by 7 Eleven to buy mineral water.

Tried to go online but really internet is not as what I expected. I just recharged the drained the batteries. I'll be off on my third day and try to check the other areas here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home